Pasta Fagioli Recipe
- ½ Cup chopped onion
- 2-3 cloves minced fresh garlic
- ¼ Olive Oil
- 1 pound Ditalini Pasta
- 1 pound White Cannellini Beans (either canned or dried*)
- 32 oz jar Casa Visco Roasted Garlic Sauce
- 1 chicken bouillon cube or 1 tsp chicken base or ½ cup chicken stock
- Grated Romano Cheese to taste
- Red Crushed Pepper, Optional
Boil pasta in salted water. In another large pot sauté onion in oil, 3 minutes on medium high, add garlic and cook 1 more minute. Drain pasta when al dente and reserve 1 cup of pasta water. Add cooked beans, sauce and cooked pasta, 1 cup of ‘pasta water’ and chicken stock.
Cheese to taste, Red Crushed pepper for added spice!
Add bread & a salad for a healthy meal. Enjoy!
*If using dried beans, cook to package directions, soaking overnight and cooking until done.