Haddock Marinara Recipe
- 2 lbs Fresh haddock, cod snapper or any firm white fish
- 2/3 Large peppers, tricolored, sliced about ½” strips
- 1 Large or two medium onions, peeled, cut in half and sliced thin
- 2/3 Cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Cup dry white wine
- Olive oil, butter, salt & pepper
- 1 32 oz jar Casa Visco Marinara
- Chopped parsley & fresh basil
Rinse & pat dry fish, season with salt and pepper. Heat about 1/3 cup olive oil in a large skillet. When oil is hot, add onions and peppers, sauté 2-3 minutes, add garlic, sauté for another minute. Remove vegetables from pan, add enough oil and butter to coat the bottom of the pan and add the fish. Cook until a nice color appears and flip to quickly cook on the other side. Do not cooked all the way through.
Add 1 cup of wine to the fish, top with the vegetables and the Casa Visco sauce. Cover the pan and let the fish simmer about 5 minutes until done. Top with fresh basil and parsley.
Can be served as is, but I like to cook 1# Angel Hair pasta and toss with another jar of Casa Visco Marinara. Add your cooked fish and vegetables to the top of the sauced pasta and enjoy!