Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
- Boneless chicken thighs about 1 1/2 lbs, or boneless breasts
- Salt & pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced into ½ chunks
- 2/3 tri-colored peppers sliced into strips about ½”
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Casa Visco Marinara, 2 jars
- 1 lb pasta, rigatoni, fusilli, orecchiette, something to hold onto the sauce
Pat the chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven or heavy soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, working in batches if necessary, and cook until well browned on each side. About 3 minutes per side. Transfer onto a plate.
Decrease the heat to medium. Add the onion and peppers, season with salt and pepper and sauté until soft. It’s for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add the wine, add the chicken back into the mix and add the Casa Visco sauce.
Decrease the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Meanwhile cook a pound of sturdy pasta and cover with another jar of Casa Visco Marinara that you have warmed up. Top the pasta with the chicken and vegetable mixture, garnish with the fresh parsley and basil… and enjoy!