Carm’s Chicken Parmigana
featuring Casa Visco Homestyle Spaghetti Sauce
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- Flour for dredging
- 3 eggs, beaten with two tablespoons water
- ¼ cup Grated Romano Cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh or dried parsley
- 3 cups Italian Style bread crumbs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ pound sliced or mozzarella cheese
- 1 32oz jar Casa Visco Homestyle sauce
Preheat oven to 350. Beat eggs with water, Casa Visco grated cheese and parsley; set aside. Dredge chicken in flour, coating both sides well. Tap off excess. Dip into egg mixture and immediately coat with breadcrumbs. Repeat procedure until all chicken is floured, egged and covered with breadcrumbs. Heat oil until hot. Sauté chicken pieces, about four minutes per side, or until golden brown. Remove to paper towels to drain.
Arrange chicken in shallow pan or on a baking sheet. Place about ½ cup of Casa Visco Homestyle sauce on each breast and top with mozzarella cheese. Place in oven for 20-25 minutes, or until sauce and cheese bubble and chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle each piece with parsley.